Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 4th Of July ! : Post for Sunday July 4th

Happy Birthday America !

We celebrated it today ..but really …we celebrated the America’s birthday in Italy today. We were invited to a little 4th of July picnic/bbq for lunch by some international students who also live in our building. I didn’t expect to be celebrating independence day over here but it was lots of fun and we were with students from all over the world (sweeden, japan..chicago) plus the picnic even had a cute little flag(pictured above) so you know I was down with it !

we took this picture at the BBQ its me (the youngest in the program weighin in at 19 years, and Theresa who’s the reigning champ/oldest in the program; weighing in at 23 years old, she graduates like right after this in August I’m so jealous! )


After the BBQ today we had our big welcoming dinner. The good food kept on coming, the appetizers were amazing; brucheta, all these meats, some sort of bread dish that was like a pizza but with no sauce or cheese just oil and spices, tomato and mozzarella with balsamic vinegar. The whole first half of the meal was so delicious that my roommate Marie and I made a game plan for the second half we we’re like ‘ok well eat a little of each but were saving ourselves for the main dish because based on these appetizers it’s going to be AMAZING’ then the main dish came…it was fishy to say the least… TOO FISHY haha it was some sort of rice dish that had a lot of different seafood in it like eel , fish, maybe shrimp I don’t know really. I am glad I got to try it, It tasted like a great quality dish I just don’t think I would have ordered it for myself. So most of it stayed on my plate. I guess the lesson I learned today is not to skip over amazing appetizers that are sitting right in front of you in hopes of a main dish that’s coming later because in the end you could just wind up hungry and stuck with only a big plate of fishy rice sitting in front of you.




This is a picture of some of us at the welcoming dinner (from left Marie, Suzie,Vilan, Me, Sagan and Massimo) Massimo’s one of our Italian Professors here he’s lecturing Friday on Italian Media, doesn’t he look happy to be taking the picture with us ?

No comments:

Post a Comment