Thursday, July 8, 2010

L'Abbazia Di Chiaravalle



yesterday we went on a trip to L'Abbazia Di Chiaravalle, an Abbey in Milan.
Its hard to understand everything I learned about the Abbey because
of the language difference but from what I read it is one of the most picturesque Cistercian monasteries in Italy and it was founded in 1135 by St. Bernard.
here are a few more pictures I took :
the wooden doors outside (and the art from the inside pictured below) were so beautiful and detailed
its hard to believe they were hand carved

the courtyard

and last up an attempted panoramic of the inside.


I have a lot more to update on ! we went to the market this morning and it was crazy. Post more soon !

1 comment:

  1. I have to get a camera with a panoramic setting! A great pix!

    ReplyDelete