Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LOUIE LOUIE Aye-yi-yi-yi

One other thing Ive already noticed here to is that the whole culture is conscious of their fashion. I snapped this picture on the bus home from class today; I think it’s a pretty good example of what Im saying.

Just 2 older women straight chillin on the public transit with their 700 $ Louis Viotton's loosely clutched in their hands like it aint nothing but a G- thang (and by G- thang I mean Grandma Thang).



Seriously though, designer things like this are everywhere and everyone has them it’s such a huge part of their culture its awesome! The thing that makes this even more different about the US is the purses arnt fake either, I know this for 2 reasons : 1. Its SUPER illegal not only to sell/ buy fake designer goods here but if your even caught wearing them you get in huge trouble (and the police know how to spot them...which is more than I can say for myself haha) 2. My roommates Marie and Vilan are really good at spotting fake purses (like so good that THEY could be Italian police) and have told me how to (but Im still not very good) so I always ask ‘is that one real ? is it fake ?” and 99% of the time its real. ((and in the off chance of spottin one of rare 1% I immediately report them to the fashion police…OBVI.))

No comments:

Post a Comment