Sunday, July 18, 2010

VENICE

Ok first things first, in ALL of the travel books they say 'Dont spend a lot of time in Venice' or people say 'Venice is SO overrated'...I went there this weekend with low expectations and was blown away. VENICE IS MY FAVORITE (so far), it wasn't even that smelly ! I loved
it all.


It was SUPER hott there on our first day , so please excuse any exceptionally high degree of 'hot mess' you may or may not notice in this picture


There were crazy tourist-y stands everywhere.
Is it weird that I actually love the way they look ? tacky or not

The views in Venice looked UNREAL, they were all SO beautiful. I can't even describe it and the pictures I have dont even capture half of it.


My roomates Marie, Vilan, Sagan and I

THIS WAS THE BEST FOOD WE'VE HAD IN ALL OF ITALY.
pesto, some sort of seafood dish ( which was the best one!) and gnocchi
we were so happy after that dinner

A picture from our evening Gondola ride. GAHH :) -sorry its pretty blurry

One of the best parts of our choice to stay overnight is that there was apparently a festival of some sort going on this Saturday that we had no idea about, but at 11:30 we followed the crowd to St. Marks Square and watched an AMAZING fireworks show. Seriously, could this trip have been any better ?

One of the few pictures I got of the fireworks show, its not great but you get the idea of how crazy they were ! I still cant believe our luck and that we got to watch these beautiful fireworks over the canal from St. Marks Square. GAH. Best.Night.Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment