Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tourin Turin!...or Torino...Gran Torino ??

Today we went on a group trip to Torino Italy. I LOVED this city ! We went to the National Museum of Cinema which was so interesting and had all sorts of neat exhibits, like these origional masks from Starwars and Planet of the Apes !
(excuse my dorky pose, I didnt get the memo from the left side that we were going to play it cool this time hahaI couldnt help myself, I mean I was standing next to a real Chubaka mask haha )
The Museum also had an amazing glass elevator (reminded me of Willy Wonka) that would take you all the way up to the roof of their tower where you could see beautiful panoramic views of the whole city, below is one picture I took while we were up there Speaking of Willy Wonka, did I mention Turin is a city that runs on chocolate, Ferrero Rocher is made there ! As a choco-holic I had mad appreciation for all of the fine chocolates we found as we explored the city. We even tried one of their local specialties: Bicerin which is basically heaven in a cup. It’s a layered beverage: one-third hot espresso, one-third hot chocolate, and one-third softly whipped cream. SO GOOD !


How perfect does that look ???

Heres Sagan and I about to enjoy our long awaited and mispronounced Bicerins
These drinks are SO chocolatly that ours were served with a shot of water to consume afterwards !



AHH writing this post has made me crave one all over agian, I wish I could go back for more !!
Today was a great day ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment