Friday, July 23, 2010

The Last Supper

On Wednesday we went to Santa Maria delle Grazie Abbey, located here in Milan, to go see Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper. It was definatly one of the highlights of my trip so far. I have seen plenty of pictures of the Last Supper in the past but seeing it in person was amazing, its a whole different experience. It's hard to describe and it sounds sappy but it really took my breath away when we first walked in and I saw it. It's truely a masterpiece. I feel so lucky to have gotten to see it in person



A picture of my roomates and I before we went in to see it

Another interesting thing about going to see The Last supper is that you have to go through like 3 or 4 vault doors that open one by one to let you into different chambers just to get to where the painting is located, its so intense that it made me laugh a little. I felt like Tom Hanks was going to pop out at any moment.

Before we went to see the last supper we stopped by the modern art museum in Milan, it was small but nice. I love going to see modern art, it always makes me so excited and energized I dont know why.

We actually wern't allowed to take pictures but I didn't find that out untill after I snapped a few ...that seems to be a pattern for me here...anyways I LOVED these chairs that had a moutian/waterfall landscape on them.


Bigfoots girlfriend apparently lost one of her shoes here in Milan (bah dum cha !)

Another reason I love modern art museums is seeing all the people that go to them. I LOVED this guy so much I took a creeper pic ..but I mean ..can you blame me ? look at that mustache !

No comments:

Post a Comment